Climate and Diversity
Diversity dimensions and differences can impact access, equity, outcomes, work and academic environments. The complexities of serving the needs of an ever-changing and diverse community remain ever present, and it is the mission and commitment of the college to support the development of individuals to learn, educate, discover, serve and lead in a culture of diversity. The Office of Organization Development and Diversity Initiatives (ODDI) provides oversight, leadership and support so the college can continue to fulfill its mission of creating an equitable climate where faculty, students and staff can thrive.
Leadership & Support
ODDI provides support and leadership to college administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Committee on Diversity Initiatives (CoDI)
- CoDI subcommittees: Communications, Evaluation and Sustainability, Leadership, Education and Trust Building
- Departmental and dean’s office climate and diversity committees
- Individual and group consultation
Activities & Resources
ODDI creates awareness of climate, diversity and equity activities through workshops, programs, reports and other resources.
- Conflict management skill set development
- CEHD Difficult Dialogue Initiatives program
- Climate Matters annual conference
- Ombudsperson support
- Report generation and support
- Evaluation, support and creation of processes to enhance climate
- Climate and Diversity Committee support and collaboration
Breakdown of CEHD
Dr. Nancy Hutchins, Assistant Director, Organization Development and Diversity Initiatives - Office of the Dean