Transformational Learning Fellows
Our program recognizes students who commit to engaging in high impact, transformative learning experiences. Student Fellows have passed various milestones while enrolled at Texas A&M University.
As a result of participation in the fellows program, students will be able to:
- Engage in purposeful learning activities to gain skills, knowledge, and competences.
- Examine and make connections across courses and co-curricular experiences.
- Exhibit the skills necessary to receive, organize, reorganize, and interpret new knowledge.
Transformational Learning Fellows Program FAQs
Who is eligible?
Any CEHD undergraduate student that is in good academic standing.
What are the program requirements?
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program within the College of Education and Human Development.
- Be in good academic standing in your current program
- Complete an application form
Ongoing Involvement in the fellows program includes:
- Participation in academic, professional, and personal milestones throughout your educational experience
- Submission of completed milestones on a regular basis
- Completion of required reflection activities
When is the application deadline?
The fellows program has an open application process for first-year, sophomore, and junior students. This means that you can apply at any time throughout the year.
I am a senior, can I be a Fellow?
Seniors will need to apply for the fellows program no later than the deadline to apply for your degree. Submit all milestones no later than three weeks before graduation. But, we encourage you to submit milestones as you complete them.
I’ve already completed some of the milestones, but I’m not yet a fellow. Will those count?
Yes, as long as you follow instructions for verifying the milestones.
What is the time commitment?
Time commitment depends on the individual. The program gives students autonomy on how and when they complete milestones. They are part of your experience as an active and engaged student in our college and the university.
What are milestones and how do I know what counts towards the fellows program?
Milestones are course-based and co-curricular experiences. They provide students with an opportunity to engage in deep and meaningful learning.
- Studying abroad
- Service learning projects
- Completion of a professional skill-building workshop
- An internship.
Each milestone is worth one point value. Find point values below.
How do I submit milestones and reflections?
Fellows will submit via eCampus.
You will also receive updates on your status at the beginning of the next semester. You will be able to submit milestones on a rolling basis until your senior year.
In the last semester of senior year, you still need to complete milestone requirements. You will earn rewards for completing requirements for each milestone category. Top Fellows receive a medal at graduation and a personal letter from the Dean.
What are the benefits?
- Engage in deeper and more meaningful experiences within the College and University.
- Receive a medal recognizing you as a fellow upon graduation.
- Complete experiences and gain skills that are desirable by employers.
- Focus on your academic, personal, and professional development. Milestones help you make purposeful decisions as you work towards your own success.