Financial Assistance

The College of Education and Human Development, along with Texas A&M University, provides scholarships, scholar loans, grants and work-study programs that can be used to pay for tuition, books and other costs associated with a degree or certification.

Freshmen and transfer students applying for any College of Education and Human Development scholarships should complete the ApplyTexas application. Visit the Department of Scholarships and Financial Aid for a complete listing of scholarships, as well as helpful advice on short- and long-term loans, work-study programs and other financial aid assistance tools.

Continuing students wishing to apply for college-level scholarships should fill out the University Scholarship Application between Oct. 15 and Feb. 1.

General criteria considered by the Scholarship Committee include:

  • Academic achievement
  • Leadership
  • Extracurricular involvement
  • Service
  • Choice of teaching field
  • Special circumstances
  • Essay
  • Financial need

If you have any questions or need additional information on the scholarship process, contact Casey Ricketts at cricketts [at]

Our departments also offer financial assistance for students interested in their specific degree programs. Students who want to become teachers should explore these external funding sources:

Undergraduate Research Grants

The college supports and fosters the development of undergraduate research through the Undergraduate Research Grant and the Undergraduate Student Research Initiative.

Undergraduate students involved in research have the opportunity to:

  • learn more about research areas within the college,
  • develop their own research skills, and
  • gain exposure to the research process.

CEHD Undergraduate Research Grant

Undergraduate students may be awarded a $500 stipend to assist with tuition, books and other supplies needed to carry out the research.  To apply for the grant, students must complete and submit the application form prior to the semester in which the research will begin.

Undergraduate Student Research Initiative

Faculty recipients are granted funds for one or more undergraduate student research mentees.

For a complete list of grants and loans offered through the U.S. Department of Education and the state of Texas, visit the Higher Education Coordinating Board.


Kristy Anderson
(979) 458-3560
kanderson [at]