CEHD Strategic Priorities and Goals
A. Enhance equity in educational achievement and health outcomes
- Generate new knowledge and support improved practice (translational research) to enhance equity in educational achievement and health outcomes.
- Recruit and graduate students who reflect the demographic character of the state and are committed to enhancing equity in educational achievement and health outcomes.
- Provide all CEHD undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to engage with diverse populations in U.S. and in international settings.
B. Foster innovation and development
- Prepare leaders for innovation in educational, government, for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Prepare research scholars for the professoriate (stewards of the profession).
- Support outstanding P-20 STEM education through implementation of undergraduate and graduate quality teacher preparation and STEM programs that reflect best practice and research-based instruction.
- Expand extramural grants and contracts activities.
C. Influence policy and practice
- Effective and expanded use of web-based and print media to disseminate impact of CEHD’s scholarship, teaching, and engagement activities.